ABOUT THE EPISODE
Kingdom-minded leaders have encountered change beyond what we could have ever anticipated in 2020. The political environment created unprecedented tension, Covid-19 transformed how we do life, and major hurricanes devasted several coastal U.S. areas. Dr. Randall Langley, president of Christian Life School of Theology Global, and his wife Laurie Langley recently shared their wisdom for Biblically embracing change as an opportunity to live differently in a recent episode of the Pinnacle Leaders Podcast.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST
Subscribe to receive our podcasts as soon as they’re released through our Charisma Podcast Network channel at: www.charismapodcastnetwork.com/show/pinnacleleaders
TODAY’S GUEST: LAURIE LANGLEY
Having more than two decades of experience in leading and developing people and teams, Laurie is passionately committed to the values of integrity and follow-through. From a position of being a lifelong learner, Laurie is recognized as a highly capable communicator, an organization and proficiency professional, and is trained and seasoned in outcome management. In addition to the business skills she has developed over the years, Laurie is passionate about sharing hope, living in peace, and her belief in the power of kindness. She lives in Pensacola, FL with her husband, Dr. Randal Langley.
Kingdom-minded leaders have encountered change beyond what we could have ever anticipated in 2020. The political environment created unprecedented tension, Covid-19 transformed how we do life, and major hurricanes devasted several coastal U.S. areas. Dr. Randal Langley, president of Christian Life School of Theology Global, and his wife Laurie Langley recently shared their wisdom for Biblically embracing change as an opportunity to live differently in a recent episode of the Pinnacle Leaders Podcast.
The events of this year have made it clear that being willing to change is not enough anymore. You must be fluid and embrace the opportunity for change. The Bible says, the Holy Spirit will lead, guide and direct us into all truth and show us things to come (John 16:13). It’s also grounding to remember that even in a time marked with such great change, God is faithful. Curve balls will come, but the faithfulness of God still rules.
Reject the temptation to accept fear and anxiety as your response to change. The apostle Paul says, “…in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us (Romans 8:37).” Even on the worst day of your life, when it looks like all hell has broken loose, that’s when you need to rise up as a Kingdom-minded leader for yourself, your household, your organization or your business. We are overcomers no matter what the circumstances look like.
Jesus said, “…my peace I give unto you (John 14:27).” Leaders – if you know Jesus, then His peace is your permanent possession. We have the choice to keep or relinquish our peace. The peace of God is something you have access to because you know who He is based on His Word and can rest in that saving knowledge.
Maybe the methodology or strategy we’re using has changed during 2020, but our mission as Christians has not changed. This is an opportunity to live differently. Resolve to:
- Pray Differently: Don’t pray the problems, pray the Word of God as sons and daughters of God. You are not an orphan.
- Think Differently: Thinking differently requires intentionality. When fears start to crowd into your thoughts, intentionally stop and reconsider your thought process. Align your thought’s with God’s Word and act on those things.
- Love Differently: What’s made us more than conquerors is the power of the love of God working in us and through us.
If you’re going to go through stuff, at least grow through your stuff. Lean into the Lord and all He has for you. As long as we’re on this planet, we are instruments of the love of God, the grace of God, the goodness of God, and the power of God.
Subscribe to the Pinnacle Leaders Podcast with Dr. Langley for more Biblical wisdom for today’s kingdom-minded leaders.
QUOTES & SCRIPTURE TO REMEMBER
- “The voice of the Lord has to be louder than the worries surrounding you.” – Dr. Randal Langley
- “The peace of God is something you can access because you know who He is based on the Word.” – Laurie Langley
- “Our mission to reach the lost, preach the Gospel, and walk in love towards each other has not changed. Don’t allow your methodology to be the priority over the mission.” – Dr. Randal Langley
- “We need to know the Word of God, practice the presence of God, operate in the power of God, and live in the peace of God.” – Laurie Langley
- “Pray from Heaven to earth – not from earth to Heaven.” – Dr. Randal Langley
- “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” – Romans 8:37-38