LISTEN TO THE PODCAST
ABOUT THE EPISODE
Prayer is a great force with the potential to move God. Yet, few Kingdom-minded leaders admit to having a “strong prayer life.” Learn how to plug into the power and peace that can only be found in the presence of God with today’s guest, Jan Hicks.
TODAY’S GUEST: JAN HICKS
Jan Hicks is the Founder and President of Christians United Ministries. She built her ministry on the foundation of Jesus Christ, encouraging the lost, the saved, backsliders, and believers to accept the love of Jesus, His saving truth, and learn how to live healed in peace and joy. Jan travels the world as a speaker, teacher, author, and Christian counselor.
Prayer is a great force with the potential to move God. Yet, few Kingdom-minded leaders admit to having a “strong prayer life.” Jan Hicks has built her ministry around the idea of freedom and prayer, teaching how to walk in the fullness of everything God provided for us through Jesus.
In this episode, Jan shares some of the foundational elements of building a powerful prayer life including:
- Relationship: Knowing Jesus and believing that His love is truly ours. Many times we pray and believe for others but not for ourselves because we feel unworthy. We must remove the things that make us feel unworthy of His love and believe for God’s power to manifest in our own lives.
- Knowing the Word: We come to know God’s word by studying and reading scripture. Matthew 6:33 (NIV) states it simply: “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Your spirit comes alive with God’s Word.
- Pray Immediately, Instantly and Consistently: Prayer becomes who you are. Prayer should be an automatic response, like breathing. Philippians 4:6 (TPT) says, “Don’t be pulled in different directions or worried about a thing. Be saturated in prayer throughout each day, offering your faith-filled requests before God with overflowing gratitude. Tell him every detail of your life,”
The world is always in some form of chaos and upheaval. We get to change our culture and the atmosphere through partnership with God and praying faith-filled prayers. Jan’s ministry, Christians United Ministries, is all about engaging in the spiritual warfare of prayer. Her ministry offers counseling, classes, and conferences to teach people how to walk in the freedom and fullness of Christ.
Subscribe to the Pinnacle Leaders Podcast with Dr. Langley to listen to this episode and others for more Biblical wisdom on the areas of lordship, leadership and lifestyle.
- Prayer: It’s Power and Purpose (BT225) – This online course, available through Christian Life School of Theology Global (CLSTG), provides a foundational study of prayer. Students benefit from a scriptural and systematic study of spiritual warfare coming to see that Satan has already been defeated and has no place to stand. Learn more about this course by visiting: https://clstgo-clstglobalonlinelearning.talentlms.com/catalog/info/id:180
- How to Pray the Father’s Heart (BT623) – In this course, students explore how knowing and praying the Father's Heart is revealed through Jesus' life and prayers. Get started with this online course today at: https://clstgo-clstglobalonlinelearning.talentlms.com/catalog/info/id:251
- Crossing2Freedom – Written by today’s podcast guest, Jan Hicks, this powerful book describes the devastating impacts of past traumas over every part of our life. Learn how to walk in freedom by breaking the cycle of trauma. Get your copy now at: https://www.christiansunitedministries.org/shop/
QUOTES & SCRIPTURE TO REMEMBER
- “Jesus disciples us through prayer.” – Jan Hicks
- “Prayer is a gift and not just a weapon.” – Jan Hicks
- “The difference between legalism and discipline is that legalism is a set of external rules; discipline, on the other hand, is an internal desire for a certain outcome.” – Dr. Randal Langley
- “Our flesh wants us to make choices that are contrary to the word of God.” – Jan Hicks
- “Don’t be pulled in different directions or worried about a thing. Be saturated in prayer throughout each day, offering your faith-filled requests before God with overflowing gratitude. Tell him every detail of your life,” – Philippians 4:6 (TPT)
- “We get to change our culture and the atmosphere through partnership with God and praying faith-filled prayers.” – Dr. Randal Langley