LISTEN TO THE PODCAST
ABOUT THE EPISODE
As Kingdom-minded leaders, we have a Biblical responsibility to help advance Christ’s Lordship in our nation. In this episode, we share a segment from our Christian Life School of Theology Global online course, "Engaging the Culture with a Biblical Worldview," to provide wisdom for how you can help shape culture Biblically. Taught by faculty member Dr. Kevin Baird, you’ll benefit from his extensive experience and understanding of leadership, politics, and the church.
TODAY’S GUEST: DR. KEVIN BAIRD
Dr. Kevin Baird is the Director of The Florida Capitol Project, a non-profit organization dedicated to building relationships between church leaders and government officials. With more than 40 years of extensive ministry experience, his professional background includes positions as a lead pastor, church planter, national conference speaker, college professor, talk radio host, Biblical worldview advocate in public policy, blog writer and media analyst on culture. Kevin holds a B.A. in Religion & Philosophy, an M.Div. in Historical Theology, and a D.Min. in the History of Christian Thought.
Christians, no matter what nation they may find themselves living in, have a Biblical mandate to be salt and light and a responsibility to bring Christ's Lordship to it. Throughout history, there has been a disconnect between the church and individual Christians with civil governmental concerns.
The church is Christ's conduit to reach both individuals and nations with the message of the cross. Together, every Bible-believing church forms a Kingdom mosaic which makes us dependent on one another and not in competition with each other.
Scripturally, the church is challenged and encouraged to embrace cultural reformation as a part of its full obedience to the Lord. The word "reformation" is most often associated with Martin Luther (1517) and the Protestant Reformation. This reformation spilled over quickly into governments, nations, and politics. The people took these "new" revelations concerning doctrine and practice and implemented them into their personal lives which, in turn, changed the landscapes of nations.
Subscribe to the Pinnacle Leaders Podcast with Dr. Langley to listen to this episode and others for more Biblical wisdom on the areas of lordship, leadership and lifestyle.
- Engaging the Culture with a Biblical Worldview (BT800) by Dr. Kevin Baird – This online course available through Christian Life School of Theology (CLSTG) is designed to help students understand how scripture relates to and mandates specific engagement of the governmental arena and "perceived" political activity. It is intentionally and distinctly non-partisan, recognizing that civil government and politics is incredibly broken and, at times, convoluted. The course is divided into the theology of cultural engagement, the philosophy of cultural engagement, and the practices a Christian leader or pastor might seek to implement. Learn more about this course by visiting https://clstgo-clstglobalonlinelearning.talentlms.com/catalog/info/id:542
- Florida Capitol Project – Under the direction of Dr. Kevin Baird, this organization educates pastors on their historic and Biblical roles as civic influencers, equips them with leadership tools to be effective with their spiritual influence, and empowers them with opportunities for connection and ministry to their civic representatives. Learn more at https://floridacapitolproject.org/
- Dr. Kevin Baird – Visit Dr. Baird’s website at http://drkevinbaird.com/ to learn more about the role of pastors in important cultural conversations and how the church can collaborate with our civic representatives for prayer, partnership, and public policy discussions.
QUOTES & SCRIPTURE TO REMEMBER
- “All have turned away, all have become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one.” - Psalm 14:3 (NIV)
- “Christians, no matter what nation they may find themselves living in, have a Biblical mandate to be salt and light and a responsibility to bring Christ's Lordship to it.” – Dr. Kevin Baird
- “God judges individuals AND nations.” – Dr. Kevin Baird
- “The church is Christ's conduit to reach both individuals and nations with the message of the cross.” – Dr. Kevin Baird
- “We have a generational responsibility to maintain or recover a cultural environment which positions our children and grandchildren for maximum blessing and favor from the Lord.” – Dr. Kevin Baird