LISTEN TO THE PODCAST
ABOUT THE EPISODE
You can help overcome racial division in your spheres of influence. Today, we’re featuring a clip from Overcoming Racism with the Gospel, a Christian Life School of Theology Global course we’ll be releasing in early 2022. In this episode, you’ll learn how to use the truth of God’s Word to bring about a spirit of unity.
TODAY’S GUEST: DR. MELVIN JOHNSON
Dr. Melvin Johnson is a Christian Life School of Theology Global faculty member and Pastor of Heart of Christ Community Church in Brazoria, Texas. He holds a bachelor’s degree in religious education, master’s degree in Christian counseling, and doctorate in theology. His professional background includes pastoring, church planting and public speaking. He has also authored many Christian articles and books including Junk Food in the Body of Christ, From Heaven to You, and Overcoming Racism with the Gospel.
- Creation – Our Foundation I (BT305) – This online course available through Christian Life School of Theology Global (CLSTG) is an introduction to the biological, natural and physical sciences with related questions which confront the biblical Christian worldview. Topics include scientific creationism, theistic evolution, Mt. St. Helens, physical evidences for Noah's Flood, dinosaurs, geochronometers and the origin of the races. Learn more about this course by visiting: https://clstgo-clstglobalonlinelearning.talentlms.com/catalog/info/id:131
- Transformers – Local Congregations as Agents of Community Transformation (NT503) – Learn about the effects of local congregations as salt, light, and leaven in their local communities in this CLSTG online course. Explore the redemptive mission of the church to represent Christ and the Kingdom of God in their communities. Get started with this course today at: https://clstgo-clstglobalonlinelearning.talentlms.com/catalog/info/id:595
QUOTES & SCRIPTURE TO REMEMBER
- “The very nature of the Gospel is based upon truth.” ~ Dr. Melvin Johnson
- “If we cannot agree concerning the truth of God’s word, then we’re in trouble from the start.” ~ Dr. Melvin Johnson
- “If you look around this world, there are a lot of untruths that masquerade as truths.” ~ Dr. Melvin Johnson
- “Regardless of what color a person may be, there are only two groups or families proceeding from this world into eternity – one is destined to be forever with God and the other is destined for eternal separation from God.” ~ Dr. Melvin Johnson
- “God wants people from all backgrounds and ethnicities with Him.” ~ Dr. Melvin Johnson
- “The Gospel brings to order all that is brought to disorder by the spirit of lawlessness.” ~ Dr. Melvin Johnson