LISTEN TO THE PODCAST
ABOUT THE EPISODE
Only the church has the anointing to operate as a unified body in Christ; rules can’t change the human heart, but the gospel can. In this episode of The Pinnacle Leaders Podcast, Christian Life School of Theology Global (CLSTG) faculty member, Dr. Melvin Johnson, teaches from his course “Overcoming Racism with the Gospel.” Learn how you can become a powerful instrument in God’s service to bring about racial reconciliation and healing.
TODAY’S GUEST: DR. MELVIN JOHNSON
Dr. Melvin Johnson is a Christian Life School of Theology Global faculty member and Pastor of Heart of Christ Community Church in Brazoria, Texas. He holds a bachelor’s degree in religious education, master’s degree in Christian counseling, and doctorate in theology. His professional background includes pastoring, church planting and public speaking. He has also authored many Christian articles and books including Junk Food in the Body of Christ, From Heaven to You, and Overcoming Racism with the Gospel.
When we can understand human behavior, we’ll be more successful at finding solutions to racial friction in America. Dr. Johnson breaks down what is known as the race cult mindset and how it impacts the individual. Cultic systems seek to control those within their sphere of influence, and we see this mentality manifested in our country’s racial divide. Dissenting blacks who do not follow the status quo of their predominantly white society are subject to name calling and denigration. The race cult mindset asserts that Black America must be controlled at all costs.
The body of Christ must understand that this is not about politics. Socialistic dependency will always require victims, but as God’s people we are called to stand against injustice and be a light in the darkness. Our driving mission must be to save those who are lost and point them toward deliverance through Jesus.
Subscribe to the Pinnacle Leaders Podcast with Dr. Langley to listen to this episode and others for more Biblical wisdom on the areas of lordship, leadership and lifestyle.
- Creation – Our Foundation I (BT305) – This online course available through Christian Life School of Theology Global (CLSTG) is an introduction to the biological, natural and physical sciences with related questions which confront the biblical Christian worldview. Topics include scientific creationism, theistic evolution, Mt. St. Helens, physical evidences for Noah’s Flood, dinosaurs, geochronometers and the origin of the races. Learn more about this course by visiting: https://clstgo-clstglobalonlinelearning.talentlms.com/catalog/info/id:131
- Engaging the Culture with a Biblical Worldview (BT800) – Learn how scripture relates to and mandates specific engagement of the governmental arena and “perceived” political activity. This course is intentionally and distinctly non-partisan, recognizing that civil government and politics are incredibly broken and at times convoluted. The class will answer the question as to whether or not Jesus, the early church, and apostles participated in this type of activity and exactly how it was approached. Learn more at https://clstgo-clstglobalonlinelearning.talentlms.com/catalog/info/id:542
QUOTES & SCRIPTURE TO REMEMBER
- “What’s wrong with the voice of dissent? What’s wrong with another point of view? That’s what America is built on. And I want to tell you something — the minute we lose that right and that capacity to do that, we’ve lost our soul as a nation.” ~ Harry Belafonte, from an interview with Larry King
- “This is not about politics, particularly when it comes to us, the body of Christ. We are on a mission to seek and to save those who are lost.” ~ Dr. Melvin Johnson
- “The message of socialistic dependency frustrates the message of God.” ~ Dr. Melvin Johnson
- “There are going to be times when we who are of the household of faith have to stand … and be the light in that darkness in order for people to find deliverance through Jesus Christ.” ~ Dr. Melvin Johnson