NEW Chaplaincy Degree Program Concentration & Ministry Certificate Now Available
Christian Life School of Theology Global (CLSTG) is excited to announce a new ministry certificate and bachelor’s degree concentration in chaplaincy! If you feel the Lord calling you to the unique role of chaplain, our online ministry courses can help prepare you for your God-given mission.
What is a Chaplain?
It has been said that all chaplains are pastors, but not all pastors are called to be chaplains. While the two positions share many similarities, the major difference is that chaplains serve outside of the church. Chaplaincy is a ministry that meets people where they are. It is a ministry of presence that brings comfort and encouragement in a wide variety of settings and situations.
Benefits of Chaplaincy
There are many perks to becoming a chaplain. This ministry path offers an array of possibilities when it comes to where and how you can serve those in need of pastoral care.
- Minister in Diverse Settings – Chaplains can choose from a variety of work environments such as hospitals, prisons, schools or the military. That means you can offer comfort to the sick, hope to the hopeless, wisdom for the future and courage in the face of fear.
- Stay Local or Go Abroad – If you want to see the world, chaplains are needed around the globe. If you have established roots and would like to stay in your current community, it is likely there are chaplaincy opportunities right where you live.
- Officiate Ceremonies – Chaplains are ordained ministers, which means you can perform weddings and funerals. This opens up the option for a “side gig,” allowing you to serve even more people in your sphere of influence.
- Meet Incredible Individuals – Chaplaincy will connect you with all sorts of unique people from various cultures and backgrounds. As you bring hope and healing to those who are hurting, you will be inspired by their stories and have the opportunity to see God move in their lives.
Is Chaplaincy Right for You?
Chaplaincy is best suited for those who have a passion to “carry each other’s burdens” (Galatians 6:2). Chaplains are most often summoned during difficult situations that require a great deal of emotional strength and compassion. This ministry role calls for a calm and caring presence in the midst of adversity. People will be looking to you for peace in their time of crisis.
It is also important to note that, depending on where you serve, you may be ministering to those outside of the Christian community. Chaplaincy often leads to interactions with people from other religions as well as those who profess no faith at all, so the ability to operate in a loving, non-judgmental manner is crucial.
Chaplaincy Courses at CLSTG
We offer two different paths of study for those who wish to pursue a rewarding career in chaplaincy:
- Certificate of Ministry in Chaplaincy – Just five online Bible courses (15 credit hours) are required to earn your certificate. Gain practical, in-depth training while balancing your work and family commitments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Theology, Chaplaincy Concentration – Earn a traditional theology degree at a pace that suits your lifestyle. Our specialized online ministry courses will thoroughly prepare you with the skills necessary for entering the exciting field of chaplaincy.
Get Started Today!
Apply today and begin your online theology courses at your convenience. Our open enrollment system means there are no semester start dates to wait for. There’s no better time than now to start pursuing your Kingdom calling in chaplaincy!
I am interested in the Chaplaincy Certificate but I am unable to start at this time.
Will this opportunity be available in the Spring of next year?
I completed a Doctorate of Sacred Studies in 2021.
Hi, Sue! Our convenient open-enrollment system allows you to start your courses whenever you are ready. There are no “semester” dates to wait for!
What are the courses offered for chaplaincy?
Hi Kitty! The coursework will look different depending on whether you are interested in a ministry certificate (https://www.christianlifeschooloftheologyglobal.org/online-ministry-certificate-programs/) or a Bachelor of Theology (https://www.christianlifeschooloftheologyglobal.org/online-bachelor-of-theology/). Just scroll down to “Chaplaincy” on either of those pages to see which courses are included.