LISTEN TO THE PODCAST
ABOUT THE EPISODE
Intentionality is key to changing the way we think. No one accidentally slips into the will of God. A transformed heart and mind result from the passionate pursuit of Christ. In this episode, Dr. Randal Langley offers four mindset shifts to help you align your thinking with God’s truth.
ABOUT DR. RANDAL S. LANGLEY
Dr. Randal S. Langley is the President and CEO of Christian Life School of Theology Global (CLSTG), a world leader in theological and leadership education solutions for churches, ministries and other organizations. A visionary leader and dynamic communicator, Dr. Langley serves as a guest-speaker and provides leadership strategy/counsel for ministries and other organizations across the U.S. and internationally. As part of his commitment to helping people achieve their God-given purpose, Dr. Langley is also a founding partner and certified life coach, teacher, and trainer for the John C. Maxwell Team.
Four Mindset Shifts to Help You Think Biblically
- Shift your thoughts from passive to active. Our natural disposition is to seek comfort, but we can’t just sit around and do nothing and expect our minds to be transformed.
- Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. — Romans 12:11 (NIV)
- Shift your thoughts from concerned to confident. What you do with your worry is where the battle lies. You can’t stop worry from coming, but you can replace it with prayer or a proclamation of God’s truth.
- Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. — Philippians 4:6-7 (NLT)
- Shift your thoughts from scarcity to abundance. Scarcity mentality is the belief that you will never have enough. An abundance mindset asserts that you have more than enough. It’s not about playing mind games or denying the facts, but instead looking past the facts and tapping into the supernatural, miracle-working provision and power of a mighty God.
- The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. — Psalm 23:1 (NIV)
- Shift your thoughts from can’t to can. God will move mountains and provide everything you need to do what he has called you to do and be who he has called you to be.
- I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. — Philippians 4:12-13 (NIV)
Subscribe to the Pinnacle Leaders Podcast with Dr. Langley to listen to this episode and others for more Biblical wisdom on the areas of lordship, leadership and lifestyle.
QUOTES & SCRIPTURE TO REMEMBER
- “…being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” — Philippians 1:6 (NIV)
- “Faith is not anti-facts; faith just recognizes that facts can change and that God is the change agent.” — Dr. Randal Langley
- “We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.” — 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 (NIV)
- “When you want what God wants for the reason God wants it, you’ll have it.” — Dr. Randal Langley
- Pinnacle Leaders Podcast: Decisions Determine Destiny (Part II) – There are three reasons why people make bad decisions: They have the wrong motive, the wrong method or the wrong master. In this episode of the Pinnacle Leaders Podcast, we look at the story of Ruth and reflect on the power of a wise decision. We also see God’s mercy in restoring his people to the fullness of his promises.
- The Ministry of the Holy Spirit (BT820) – This online course focuses on the ever-increasing manifestation and work of the Holy Spirit in the last days preceding the return of Jesus Christ. Gain a renewed hunger in your heart to know the Holy Spirit and become a vessel God can use in the last-days outpouring that He has promised.