One of the most consistent and enduring problems within human culture has been racial strife, even in the Body of Christ. This course is a study of racism’s pathological effects and influences upon humanity’s cultures and various societies from the beginning. Gain an understanding of the nature and causes of racial hatred, and learn to become effectively equipped as a facilitator for reconciliation and healing.
GOALS OF THE COURSE
After completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain why the Bible is the sole source of authority for racial healing, acceptance, and unity.
- Explain why Darwin’s theory of evolution is the foundation for today’s racism.
- Identify and address the components of the race-cult mindset.
- Describe the historical events that brought racist policies into modern society.
- Utilize strategies to promote racial reconciliation.
ABOUT DR. MELVIN JOHNSON
Dr. Melvin Johnson is a Christian Life School of Theology Global faculty member and Pastor of Heart of Christ Community Church in Brazoria, Texas. He holds a bachelor’s degree in religious education, master’s degree in Christian counseling, and doctorate in theology.
His professional background includes pastoring, church planting and public speaking. He has also authored many Christian articles and books including Junk Food in the Body of Christ, From Heaven to You, and Overcoming Racism with the Gospel.
Dr. Johnson is an executive board member of the Houston Area Pastor Council and serves as Texas president for “Ministers Taking A Stand,” a nationwide coalition of pastors, rabbis and clergy addressing public policy issues.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes