The Book of Mark (NT550)
The average reader can read the gospel according to Mark in less than 2 hours. It’s a short, fast-paced and to-the-point interpretation of the life of Jesus.
Despite its brevity, Mark’s gospel is pivotal.
In its infancy, the Christian church was being persecuted, and those who had experienced Jesus’ life firsthand were dying off. Moved by the Holy Spirit, John Mark wrote what church historians and scholars generally agree was the first gospel written. He reveals to us a Servant who is courageous, compassionate and confident. Both Matthew and Luke probably used parts of Mark’s to write their accounts.
We are honored and excited to offer you the opportunity to immerse yourself in a study of this gospel with our newest course: The Book of Mark (NT550).
- Become thoroughly acquainted with the Gospel of Mark.
- Gain an understanding of the principle of servanthood.
- Discover an introduction to Christian belief and living.
- Discover the challenge to follow Jesus daily.
- Discover that Jesus is concerned for wholeness of life.
- Gain an appreciation of how Jesus relates to hurting people.
- Draw upon Christ’ model of servanthood to actualize servanthood in your life.
- Gain an appreciation of how God speaks through experiences of previous generations who had similar needs and hopes.
- Apply principles for serving others to your life.
- Begin to express to others the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- Experience the effect of Mark’s Gospel in your life.
ABOUT REV. TERRY MAHAN
Terry Mahan is the Founding, Senior Pastor of The Father’s House, a contemporary, trans-denominational, and multi-racial congregation, and he has ministered in over 70 nations. Terry is a graduate of Southern Illinois University & Regent University.
- Lectures 11
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 hours
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes